Assistance Request: CDBG Success Stories
NARC has joined with the Community Development Block Grant Coalition to highlight the value of federal housing and community development programs to communities as the President-elect Trump Transition team develops policies on housing and community development. We are seeking information on CDBG projects that have made a significant contribution to your communities.
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program, authorized by Title I of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, provides annual grants to cities, counties, and states to develop strong communities by providing decent housing, a suitable living environment, and expanding economic opportunities, principally for low- and moderate-income persons.
For over 40 years, CDBG has served as the cornerstone of the federal government’s commitment to partnering with states and local governments to strengthen our nation’s communities and improve the quality of life for Americans. CDBG provides state and local governments and their partners with the flexibility needed to develop essential programs and projects to assist low- and moderate-income families.
Do you have a success story to share? If so, please provide the following information so we can include your successful project in our transition document.
CDBG Investments in Communities: Project Examples
- Project name
- Project year
- Project description
- Use of CDBG funds (e.g., housing rehabilitation, homeownership assistance, acquisition, microenterprise assistance, construction of housing, public facilities and improvements, public services, etc.)
- Target population (e.g., youth, elderly, families, veterans, homeless, special needs, etc.)
- Amount of CDBG funds
- Other project funds; leveraging
- Jobs created (temporary and permanent)
- Project impact (project outcomes)
- High-resolution photo
- Quote from a beneficiary (e.g. how the project assisted them, impacted their lives)
- Links to press coverage
Please send responses to Anna Rosenbaum, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.