Board of Directors
The National Association of Regional Councils’ (NARC) Board of Directors is the governing body of the Association. The Board of Directors is composed of appointed and elected policy officials and Executive Directors of member organizations. All Past Presidents are ex-officio members of the Board. The composition of the Board is as follows:
- Regional and At-Large Directors: Nineteen policy officials from the governing bodies of the members – 15 shall be from members located within each of the 15 NARC regions; four shall be elected as At-Large.
- Officers: President, President-Elect, Senior Vice President, Vice President (Chair of the Executive Directors Council), and Secretary (Executive Director of NARC).
- Immediate Past President: Immediate Past President, provided that he/she is still a member of, or endorsed by, their regional council or metropolitan planning organization.
- Representatives of the Executive Directors Council: Four members of the Executive Directors Council shall serve as voting members on the Board – the Chair, the two Vice Chairs and the Immediate Past Chair.
- Representative of the National League of Cities: A local elected official appointed annually by the National League of Cities.
- Representative of the National Association of Counties: A local elected official appointed annually by the National Association of Counties.
- Representative of the Association of Metropolitan Planning Organizations: One director shall be appointed annually by the Association of Metropolitan Planning Organizations.
Executive Directors Council
The National Association of Regional Councils’ (NARC) Executive Directors Council (EDC”) is the advisory body of the Association. The EDC reports to the the Association’s Board of Directors. The composition of the EDC is as follows:
- Regional and At-Large Seats: Thirty (30) members elected from fifteen (15) regions of NARC; ten (10) seats elected At-Large.
- Officers: The Chair, Immediate Past Chair, First Vice Chair, and Second Vice Chair.
The following candidates have received nomination for NARC leadership positions:
Senior Vice President of the Board of Directors
Joy Fuchs, Commissioner, Washington County, Texas
Letter of support
Board Member, District XIV (CA)
Fred Strong, Councilmember, City of Paso Robles, California
Letter of support