Legislation and policy activities are critical to advancing the role and voice of regions. NARC is responsible for representing regional planning organizations in Congress and with the federal executive agencies. NARC staff work through a committee-guided and local elected official board-driven structure in developing and executing national legislative policies.
The Advocacy section provides information about NARC’s policy positions, current activities, relevant resources and how members and their local governments can take action on issues of importance. Contact NARC staff for further information or to assist in your advocacy efforts.
- Congress.gov – to research legislation, laws and related items
- U.S. Senate
- U.S. Senate Committees
- U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. House Committees
- Congressional Budget Office – provides analysis on budgetary and economic issues for Congress
- Congressional Research Service – provides policy and legal analysis and reports for Congress
- The White House
- White House Office of Management & Budget (OMB)
- Federal Agencies
- Federal Register – documents the actions of Federal agencies
- Federal Regulations