February 8-12, 2021
Conference Registration Now Open
The National Conference of Regions is NARC’s forum to determine key policy issues and a legislative agenda for the year ahead, targeting topics central to our members’ missions and their local elected officials’ focus.
Join NARC for the 2021 National Conference of Regions which will be held virtually Monday, February 8 through Friday, February 12, 2021.
2021 is bringing many changes to Washington, D.C. There will be a new administration, different party control in Congress, and new leadership of federal agencies.
Amid these changes, many important issues hang in the balance. COVID-19 is still taking a heavy toll on nearly every community in the nation, transportation reauthorization remains unfinished, and discussions over additional COVID-19 economic stimulus continue.
How will all of these changes and potential legislative actions affect regional planning and programs?
Join us at the National Conference of Regions for online sessions, meetings, and events that will allow you to gain perspective from administration officials, members of Congress, and other policy leaders.
For more information: view the draft agenda.
• NARC Member: $250 **Members must be logged in to see member rates.**
• Non-Member: $350
• Private Sector: $450
Board of Directors Elections - Separate Registration Required
**Members MUST be logged in to register.**
We invite all member organizations to join us on Monday, February 8th for our annual Board of Directors elections. The elections will be for held positions that expired in June of 2020. We will hold elections for positions expiring in 2021 at our annual meeting in June of 2021.
There is no fee to participate in the elections, however registration is required to track representation and voting. Attendence is not limited to voting delegates – we encourage full membership participation in this important annual process. The elections will be followed immediately by a reception to welcome the new leadership!
**All times listed below are in EST**
Monday, February 8
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm Transition Working Group (Conference registration not required)
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm Communications & Government Affairs Group (Conference registration not required)
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm Major Metros Roundtable
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm Board Elections (Separate registration required. **Members MUST be logged-in to register.)
- 5:00pm – 7:00pm Board Reception – open to all attendees
Tuesday, February 9
- 11:00am – 12:30pm Opening Session: What’s Ahead for a New Congress and Administration
- 12:30pm – 12:45pm Break
- 12:45pm – 1:45pm The Post-COVID-19 World: How Congress will Address Access and Equity
- 1:45pm – 2:45pm Community Resiliency
- 2:45pm – 4:15pm Economic and Community Development Committee
Wednesday, February 10
- 11:00am – 11:15am Annual Conference Kickoff
- 11:15am – 12: 15pm Broadband
- 12:15pm – 12:30pm Break
- 12:30pm – 3:00pm – Breakout Sessions
- 12:30pm – 2:00pm Public Safety & Emergency Management Committee
- 12:30pm – 3:00pm Transportation Committee
- 3:00pm – 4:30pm – Energy & Environment Committee
Thursday, February 11
- 11:00am – 1:00pm Congressional Brunch
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm Equity Discussion (Conference registration not required)
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm Exploring Issues of Equity and What They Mean to Regions.
- 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm Promoting Equity within Regional Councils: An Open Discussion Among Regional Council Diversity Officers
- 3:00pm – 5:00pm Executive Directors Council Elections and Meeting (Click here for more information on EDC elections.)
Friday, February 12
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm Board of Directors Meeting
2022 National Conference of Regions
February 6-9 – Washington Court Hotel, 525 New Jersey Ave NW Washington, DC