October 29-30, 2020
Event Recordings and Presentations Now Available Below!
The Smart Regions Innovation, Recovery, and Resilience Virtual Workshop occurred on October 29-30, 2020. It was hosted by the Global City Teams Challenge (GCTC) Smart Regions Collaborative, the National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA), the National Association of Regional Councils (NARC), and US Ignite and sponsored by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). It was co-located with the with the US Ignite Smart Cities Connect Virtual Conference & Expo on October 27-29, 2020.
Participants were invited to join discussions covering best practices in smart regions investments and partnerships, navigating equity issues during a disaster, regional data sharing, unique issues facing rural areas, the education and health response to disasters, and a look at a more resilient future that smart regions projects can help us achieve. Additionally, regional panels highlighting teams that are active within the Smart Regions Collaborative discussed experiences with their own efforts and how innovative thinking has helped communities become more resilient.
Links to the speaker bios, session recordings, and PowerPoint presentations can be found below. Thanks to all who attended this great event!
Day One — Thursday, October 29
Day Two — Friday, October 30
Virtual Workshop Planning Team:
- Maci Morin, Program Coordinator, NARC
- Jean Rice, Senior Broadband Specialist, NTIA
- Eric Rensel, Vice President, Gannett Fleming
- Gerry Bogacz, Assistant Director, New York Metropolitan Transportation Council
- Chris Walker, Telecommunications Director, Northwest Open Access Network
- Jerry Power, Chief Executive Officer, I3 Systems
- Eric Drummond, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Innovation Corridor
- Matthew James Bailey, IoT, Smart Cities, and Future of Artificial Intelligence Consultant